I started my morning by juicing some carrots! Yum! I don’t do it often cuz we all know it’s a lot of work! But as an occasional treat, it’s worth it. I juiced a 5 lb bag from Sprouts. I got 6 servings of carrot juice.
And had about 8 cups of carrot pulp. I decided it’s time to share a recipe using all the pulp!
Pumpkin Ginger Soup
This easy blended soup doesn’t have too many ingredients and isn’t very involved (depending on how you get your carrot shreds/pulp). It can be as easy as purchasing shredded carrots.
I juiced one day and the next I made my soup.
Add onions, garlic, ginger.
Add carrots and sea salt.
Add pumpkin, veggie broth, coconut milk, nutmeg and white pepper. Simmer. Blend. Done!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ C onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T ginger, minced
- 2 C shredded carrots (or use pulp from juicing!)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 C pureed pumpkin
- 2 C vegetable broth
- 1 C coconut milk
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp white pepper
- Warm a stock pot on medium heat. Add olive oil.
- Add onions, garlic, ginger and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add shredded carrots or carrot pulp and sea salt. Sauté a few minutes.
- Add pumpkin, veggie broth, coconut milk, nutmeg and white pepper. Stir to combine.
- Simmer on medium heat for at least 20 minutes to soften carrots and meld flavors.
- Use a stick blender (for slightly chunkier) or regular blender (for smoother) to blend soup.