I love using whole foods in my snacks to get a high nutrient value but also make sure they taste delicious! This has 6 ingredients.
It’s one of my favorite tasty snacks for when you want something on the sweet side, and you can feel good about eating it because you control the amount of sugar and salt.
You can use any nut you have on hand or buy what’s on sale, this will be delicious no matter what kind you use! Nuts are such a great snack because of the protein and a little bit of fat that sustains your energy.
Real maple syrup gives it the hint of sweetness and provides the stickiness for spices and sesame seeds to stick to the almonds. This smells so good, everyone will come to the kitchen to see what’s cooking!
They are so tasty! Don’t expect them to last long!
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp real maple syrup
- 3 C raw almonds
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- On medium-low heat, warm up coconut oil and syrup in a large sauté pan for about 1 minute until melted and mixed.
- Add almonds, cinnamon and sea salt. Mix together and increase heat to medium.
- Stir every few minutes. The raw almonds need about 15 minutes to get fully toasted.
- Keep an eye on them so they don't burn.
- Stir in sesame seeds for the last two minutes.
- Pour nuts onto a parchment-lined baking sheet to cool.
- Store preferably in the refrigerator to last longer.
*I like to store in a mason jar so there's no plastic bag waste!
*Try other nuts besides almonds, or a nut mixture!
Looking for a salty, savory crunchy snack? Check out my Sweet & Spicy Pumpkin Seeds Recipe Here.
Leave A Comment