This is a favorite recipe of mine! Warm and spicy and topped with avocado! How can you go wrong?!
This soup is even easier when you make the chicken ahead of time with my crockpot shredded chicken recipe. You can easily have your 2 cups of shredded chicken ready to go, thawed from the freezer or even throw it in this warm soup broth frozen.
Chicken Avocado Soup
This soup is warm, spicy, delish and easy! Make it even easier by making your chicken ahead in a slow cooker, or with thawed shredded chicken from this recipe https://raiseyourvibewellness.com/shredded-chicken/
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and diced (optional)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 chicken breasts, lightly seasoned with salt and pepper **OR 2 cups shredded chicken
- 32 oz low-sodium veggie broth
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1⁄2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- dash of cayenne (optional)
- 2 avocadoes, cubed
- 1⁄2 C cilantro, chopped
- lime wedges
- In a soup pot over medium heat, warm olive oil. Add onions and garlic and optional jalapeño and sauté about 10 minutes. If garlic is browning, turn down heat.
- Add tomatoes to pot and sauté for about a minute.
- Turn to medium-high heat and add chicken and vegetable broth to
- pot, making sure the chicken is covered (this cooking method is
- called poaching). Alternatively, you can use 2 cups shredded chicken from https://raiseyourvibewellness.com/shredded-chicken/
- Add salt, pepper, cumin and optional cayenne. Bring just to a boil,
- then reduce the heat to medium-low and cover the pot to simmer.
- After simmering about 12 minutes, pull the chicken out. Cut
- into cubes or shred the chicken. Add back into pot. Simmer another 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut your avocado into cubes and chop your cilantro.
- Pour your soup into bowls and top with avocado, cilantro and a lime wedge.
Leave A Comment